Last Updated on November 5, 2020 by Admin
Which two statements are true about NTP servers in an enterprise network? (Choose two.)
- There can only be one NTP server on an enterprise network.
- All NTP servers synchronize directly to a stratum 1 time source.
- NTP servers at stratum 1 are directly connected to an authoritative time source.
- NTP servers ensure an accurate time stamp on logging and debugging information.
- NTP servers control the mean time between failures (MTBF) for key network devices.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Network Time Protocol (NTP) is used to synchronize the time across all devices on the network to make sure accurate timestamping on devices for managing, securing and troubleshooting. NTP networks use a hierarchical system of time sources. Each level in this hierarchical system is called a stratum. The stratum 1 devices are directly connected to the authoritative time sources.