Last Updated on November 4, 2020 by Admin
Which two methods can be used to harden a computing device? (Choose two.)
- Allow USB auto-detection.
- Ensure physical security.
- Enforce the password history mechanism.
- Allow default services to remain enabled.
- Update patches on a strict annual basis irrespective of release date.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
The basic best practices for device hardening are as follows:
Ensure physical security.
Minimize installed packages.
Disable unused services.
Use SSH and disable the root account login over SSH.
Keep the system updated.
Disable USB auto-detection.
Enforce strong passwords.
Force periodic password changes.
Keep users from reusing old passwords.
Review logs regularly.