Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Admin
What are two characteristics of Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF)? (Choose two.)
- Packets are forwarded based on information in the FIB and an adjacency table.
- When a packet arrives on a router interface, it is forwarded to the control plane where the CPU matches the destination address with a matching routing table entry.
- When a packet arrives on a router interface, it is forwarded to the control plane where the CPU searches for a match in the fast-switching cache.
- With this switching method, flow information for a packet is stored in the fast-switching cache to forward future packets to the same destination without CPU intervention.
- This is the fastest forwarding mechanism on Cisco routers and multilayer switches.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) builds a forwarding information base (FIB) and an adjacency table to be able to route packets quicker than traditional packet forwarding methods can.