Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Admin
Refer to the exhibit. Port security has been configured on the Fa 0/12 interface of switch S1. What action will occur when PC1 is attached to switch S1 with the applied configuration?
- Frames from PC1 will be dropped, and a log message will be created.
- Frames from PC1 will be dropped, and there will be no log of the violation.
- Frames from PC1 will cause the interface to shut down immediately, and a log entry will be made.
- Frames from PC1 will be forwarded to its destination, and a log entry will be created.
- Frames from PC1 will be forwarded to its destination, but a log entry will not be created.
- Frames from PC1 will be forwarded since the switchport port-security violation command is missing.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Manual configuration of the single allowed MAC address has been entered for port fa0/12. PC1 has a different MAC address and when attached will cause the port to shut down (the default action), a log message to be automatically created, and the violation counter to increment. The default action of shutdown is recommended because the restrict option might fail if an attack is underway.