Last Updated on May 20, 2021 by Admin
ITE v6.0 – IT Essentials Chapter 11 Quiz Answers
Cisco ITE latest or IT Essentials v6.0 Chapter 11 Quiz Answers PC hardware and software (ITE Version 6.00) collection year 2017, 2018 and 2019 Full 100%. IT Essentials has been know as ITE. The following are the questions quiz answers. Guarantee Passed. ITE v6.0 Chapter 11 Quiz Answers has some new update from the old version 5. You can review all Chapter 11 Quiz Answers. You will get passed scored 100% with this version 6.0. Good Luck for ITE v6.0 Quiz!
Match the common printer configuration options to the correct descriptions. (Not all options are used.)
- paper type —-> standard, draft, gloss, or photo
- color printing —-> multiple colors used
- print quality —-> draft, normal, or photo
- paper size —-> standard paper, envelopes, or business cards
- black-and-white printing —-> only black ink used
While troubleshooting a printer problem, a technician discovers that the printer has been connected to the wrong computer port. Which printer problem would this mistake have caused?
- When a document is printed, there are unknown characters on the page.
- The print spooler displays an error.
- Blank pages are printed by the printer.
- The print queue is functioning, but print jobs are not printed.
If the printer is connected to the wrong computer port, then the print jobs will appear on the print queue but documents will not be printed by the printer.
Which method is recommended for cleaning the print heads in an inkjet printer?
- Wipe the print heads with isopropyl alcohol.
- Use the printer software utility.
- Wipe the print heads with a damp cloth.
- Use compressed air.
Inkjet print heads cannot usually be effectively cleaned by physical means. The vendor supplied printer software utility is recommended.
Which type of document typically takes the longest time to print?
- a draft photo quality printout
- a high quality page of text
- a draft text
- a digital color photograph
The more complex the structure of the printout, the more time it takes to print. Photo quality picture, high quality text, and draft text are less complex than a digital color photograph.
What term is used to describe dual-sided printing?
- IR printing
- duplex printing
Some printers have the capability to perform duplex printing, which is printing on both sides of the paper. IR printing is a form of wireless printing using infrared technology. Buffering is the process of using printer memory to store print jobs. Spooling puts print jobs into a print queue.
A technician wants to share a printer on the network but according to the company policy, no PC should have a directly connected printer. Which device would the technician need?
- a LAN switch
- a USB hub
- a hardware print server
- a docking station
Hardware print servers permit several users to connect to a single printer without the need for a computer to share the printer. USB hubs, LAN switches, and docking stations are incapable of sharing printers.
How could a user share a locally connected printer with other users on the same network?
- Install a USB hub.
- Remove the PS drivers.
- Enable print sharing.
- Install shared PCL drivers.
Enabling print sharing allows a computer to share the printer over the network. Installing a USB hub allows a number of peripheral connections to the same computer. Print drivers do not provide the ability to share printers.
What are two closed-ended questions that a technician could ask a user while trying to identify the problem with a printer? (Choose two.)
- What recent software or hardware changes have been made to your computer?
- Is the printer powered on?
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
- What error messages were displayed when the problem occurred?
- Can you print a test page on the printer?
Closed-ended questions require only a yes or no answer that can confirm a fact. Open-ended questions require the user to describe the problem symptoms in detail.
Which statement describes the print buffering process?
- A document is being printed on the printer.
- A PC is encoding a photograph into a language that the printer understands.
- Large documents are stored temporarily in internal printer memory while waiting for the availability of the printer.
- A document is being prepared by the application to be printed.
Because multiple jobs can be received by a printer while it is busy printing other documents, these jobs must temporarily be stored until the printer is free to print them. This process is called print buffering.
What are two potential disadvantages of replacing printer consumables with parts or components that are not recommended by the manufacturer? (Choose two.)
- The printer may need cleaning more often.
- Nonrecommended parts may be more readily available.
- Print quality may be poor.
- Nonrecommended parts may be less expensive.
- The manufacturer warranty may be voided.
Using components not recommended by the manufacturer may result in poor print quality and void the manufacturer warranty. The price and availability of nonrecommended parts may be advantageous, and the cleaning requirements may vary.
Dots per inch is used as a measure for which characteristic of a printer?
- quality of printing
- cost of ownership
The greater the number of dots per inch, the better the resolution of the picture and therefore the quality of printing.
What is the first action that should be taken when performing preventive maintenance on a printer?
- Disconnect the printer from the power source.
- Remove the paper from the printer paper tray.
- Disconnect the printer from the network.
- Clean the print heads using the printer software utility.
Before performing maintenance on a printer, or any computer or peripheral, always disconnect the power source to prevent exposure to dangerous electrical voltages.
What software enables users to set and change printer options?
- configuration software
- word processing applications
A printer driver is software that allows a computer and a printer to communicate with each other. Configuration software enables users to set and change printer options. Firmware is a set of instructions stored on the printer that controls how the printer operates. Word processing applications are used used to create text documents.
A small business has connected several printers to the web using Google Cloud Print. Mobile workers can then print job orders while they are on the road. This is an example of using what type of printer?
Virtual printing sends the print job to a file (.pm, .pdf, .XPS, or to an image file) or to a remote destination in the cloud. Connecting a printer to the web using an application such as Google Cloud Print allows virtual printing from any location.
What are two disadvantages of sharing a directly connected printer from a computer? (Choose two.)
- All the computers using the printer need to use the same operating system.
- The computer sharing the printer uses its own resources to manage all the print jobs coming to the printer.
- The computer directly connected to the printer always needs to be powered on, even if not in use.
- Other computers do not need to be cabled directly to the printer.
- Only one computer at a time can use the printer.
Not requiring the other computers to be cabled directly to the printer is an advantage of printer sharing. To share a printer computers do not need to be running the same operating system, and more than one computer can send print jobs to the shared printer at the same time. However, the computer directly connected to the printer does needs to be powered on, even if not in use. It uses its own resources to manage all the print jobs coming to the printer.