Last Updated on May 20, 2021 by Admin
ITN CCNA 1 v6.0 Pretest Exam Answers 2018 2019
Cisco CCNA 1 ITN v6.0 Pretest Exam Answers Routing and Switching (R&S) Introduction to Networks (ITN) (Version 6.00) collection year 2017, 2018 and 2019 Full 100%. CCNA 1 has been know as ITN. The following are the questions exam answers. Guarantee Passed 100%. CCNA 1 v6.0 Pretest exam answers has some new update from the old version 5.1. You can review all Pretest Exam Answers. You will get passed scored 100% with this version 6.0. Good Luck for Cisco Netacad ITN v6.0 Exam!
Click here go to Pretest Exam – Online Test
Convert the decimal number 231 into its binary equivalent. Select the correct answer from the list below.
Convert the binary number 10111010 into its hexadecimal equivalent. Select the correct answer from the list below.
The failure rate in a certain brand of network interface card has been determined to be 15%. How many cards could be expected to fail in a company that has 80 of the cards installed?
A local real estate company can have its 25 computer systems upgraded for $1000. If the company chooses only to upgrade 10 systems, how much will the upgrade cost if the same rate is used?
Which two devices provide permanent data storage? (Choose two.)
- Blu-Ray disc
- hard drive
If a technician uses an average of 2 cans of compressed air per week for cleaning, how many cans should be ordered for 8 technicians over the next 10 weeks?
What is a function of the BIOS?
- enables a computer to connect to a network
- provides temporary data storage for the CPU
- performs a power-on self test of internal components
- provides graphic capabilities for games and applications
Explanation:One purpose of the BIOS utility is for displaying information about the components of the computer. A technician can use this information to determine what components are installed and some of the attributes of these components.
Which is a characteristic of the Internet?
- It is not centrally governed.
- It uses only physical addresses.
- It uses private IP addressing.
- It is localized to specific geographic locations.
Explanation:The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that has no central governance. It is not limited to geographic boundaries and uses static public IP addresses for communication.
Which command can be used to test connectivity between two computers that are attached to a network?
- nbtstst -s
A person-hour is the amount of work that the average worker can do in one hour. It is anticipated that a company-wide system upgrade will take approximately 60 person-hours to complete. How long will it take five technicians to perform the refresh?
- 5 hours
- 8 hours
- 10 hours
- 12 hours
Considering the average capacity of storage device media, drag the storage media on the left to the capacity list on the right.
Refer to the exhibit. Match the port to the associated letter shown in the exhibit. (Not all options are used.)
Match the icon to its likely associated use. (Not all options are used.)
Match the form of network communication with its description. (Not all options are used.)
Match the application with the correct compressed file format. (Not all options are used.)
A user is having problems accessing the Internet. The command ping www.cisco.com fails. However, pinging the IP address of cisco.com with the command ping 184.108.40.206 is successful. What is the problem?
- The web server is down.
- The default gateway is incorrect.
- There is a problem with DNS.
- The address of the ARP cache is incorrect.
Which option shows the proper notation for an IPv6 address?
What is the purpose of the routing process?
- to encapsulate data that is used to communicate across a network
- to select the paths that are used to direct traffic to destination networks
- to convert a URL name into an IP address
- to provide secure Internet file transfer
- to forward traffic on the basis of MAC addresses
Which device should be used for enabling a host to communicate with another host on a different network?
A home user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
- cell modem
- cable modem
A company is expanding its business to other countries. All branch offices must remain connected to corporate headquarters at all times. Which network technology is required to support this requirement?
Why would a network administrator use the tracert utility?
- to determine the active TCP connections on a PC
- to check information about a DNS name in the DNS server
- to identify where a packet was lost or delayed on a network
- to display the IP address, default gateway, and DNS server address for a PC
Explanation:The tracert utility is used to identify the path a packet takes from source to destination. Tracert is commonly used when packets are dropped or not reaching a specific destination.
Refer to the exhibit. Consider the IP address configuration shown from PC1. What is a description of the default gateway address?
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the company to the Internet.
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the PC1 LAN to Router1.
- It is the IP address of Switch1 that connects PC1 to other devices on the same LAN.
- It is the IP address of the ISP network device located in the cloud.
Explanation:The default gateway is used to route packets destined for remote networks. The default gateway IP address is the address of the first Layer 3 device (the router interface) that connects to the same network.
Which subnet would include the address 192.168.1.96 as a usable host address?
Explanation:For the subnet of 192.168.1.64/26, there are 6 bits for host addresses, yielding 64 possible addresses. However, the first and last subnets are the network and broadcast addresses for this subnet. Therefore, the range of host addresses for this subnet is 192.168.1.65 to 192.168.1.126. The other subnets do not contain the address 192.168.1.96 as a valid host address.
A technician uses the ping 127.0.0.1 command. What is the technician testing?
- the TCP/IP stack on a network host
- connectivity between two adjacent Cisco devices
- connectivity between a PC and the default gateway
- connectivity between two PCs on the same network
- physical connectivity of a particular PC and the network
Explanation:127.0.0.1 is the local loopback address on any TCP/IP network device. By pinging this address, the technician is verifying the TCP/IP protocol stack on that particular device.
What is the purpose of ICMP messages?
- to inform routers about network topology changes
- to ensure the delivery of an IP packet
- to provide feedback of IP packet transmissions
- to monitor the process of a domain name to IP address resolution
Explanation:The purpose of ICMP messages is to provide feedback about issues that are related to the processing of IP packets.
What is the general term that is used to describe a piece of data at any layer of a networking model?
- protocol data unit
Explanation:The term protocol data unit (PDU) is used to describe a piece of data at any layer of a networking model. A packet is the PDU at the network layer. A frame is the data link layer PDU. A segment is the PDU at the transport layer.
How does a networked server manage requests from multiple clients for different services?
- The server sends all requests through a default gateway.
- Each request is assigned source and destination port numbers.
- The server uses IP addresses to identify different services.
- Each request is tracked through the physical address of the client.
Explanation:Each service provided by a server, such as email or file transfers, uses a specific port number. The source port number of a service request identifies the client that is requesting services. The destination port number identifies the specific service. Servers do not use address information to provide services. Routers and switches use addressing information to move traffic through the network.
Which protocol translates a website name such as www.cisco.com into a network address?
Explanation:Domain Name Service translates names into numerical addresses, and associates the two. DHCP provides IP addresses dynamically to pools of devices. HTTP delivers web pages to users. FTP manages file transfers.
A network technician is attempting to configure an interface by entering the following command: SanJose(config)# ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0. The command is rejected by the device. What is the reason for this?
- The command is being entered from the wrong mode of operation.
- The command syntax is wrong.
- The subnet mask information is incorrect.
- The interface is shutdown and must be enabled before the switch will accept the IP address.
Explanation:The wrong mode of operation is being used. The CLI prompt indicates that the mode of operation is global configuration. IP addresses must be configured from interface configuration mode, as indicated by the SanJose(config-if)# prompt.
What protocol is responsible for controlling the size of segments and the rate at which segments are exchanged between a web client and a web server?
Explanation:TCP is a Layer 4 protocol of the OSI model. TCP has several responsibilities in the network communication process. It divides large messages into smaller segments which are more efficient to send across the network. It also controls the size and rate of segments exchanged between clients and servers.
A network administrator is troubleshooting connectivity issues on a server. Using a tester, the administrator notices that the signals generated by the server NIC are distorted and not usable. In which layer of the OSI model is the error categorized?
- presentation layer
- network layer
- physical layer
- data link layer
Explanation:The NIC has responsibilities in both Layer 1 and Layer 2. The NIC encodes the frame as a series of signals that are transmitted onto the local media. This is the responsibility of the physical layer of the OSI model. The signal could be in the form of electrical, optical, or radio waves.
Which statement is true about variable-length subnet masking?
- Each subnet is the same size.
- The size of each subnet may be different, depending on requirements.
- Subnets may only be subnetted one additional time.
- Bits are returned, rather than borrowed, to create additional subnets.
Explanation:In variable-length subnet masking, bits are borrowed to create subnets. Additional bits may be borrowed to create additional subnets within the original subnets. This may continue until there are no bits available to borrow.
A wireless host needs to request an IP address. What protocol would be used to process the request?
Explanation:The DHCP protocol is used to request, issue, and manage IP addressing information. CSMA/CD is the access method used with wired Ethernet. ICMP is used to test connectivity. SNMP is used with network management and FTP is used for file transfer.
What will a host on an Ethernet network do if it receives a frame with a destination MAC address that does not match its own MAC address?
- It will discard the frame.
- It will forward the frame to the next host.
- It will remove the frame from the media.
- It will strip off the data-link frame to check the destination IP address.
Explanation:In an Ethernet network, each NIC in the network checks every arriving frame to see if the destination MAC address in the frame matches its own MAC address. If there is no match, the device discards the frame. If there is a match, the NIC passes the frame up to the next OSI layer.
Which connection provides a secure CLI session with encryption to a Cisco switch?
- a console connection
- an AUX connection
- a Telnet connection
- an SSH connection
Explanation:A CLI session using Secure Shell (SSH) provides enhanced security because SSH supports strong passwords and encryption during the transport of session data. The other methods support authentication but not encryption.
What are the three ranges of IP addresses that are reserved for internal private use? (Choose three.)
The private IP address blocks that are used inside companies are as follows:
- 10.0.0.0 /8 (any address that starts with 10 in the first octet)
- 172.16.0.0 /12 (any address that starts with 172.16 in the first two octets through 172.31.255.255)
- 192.168.0.0 /16 (any address that starts with 192.168 in the first two octets)
What statement describes the function of the Address Resolution Protocol?
- ARP is used to discover the IP address of any host on a different network.
- ARP is used to discover the IP address of any host on the local network.
- ARP is used to discover the MAC address of any host on a different network.
- ARP is used to discover the MAC address of any host on the local network.
Explanation:When a PC wants to send data on the network, it always knows the IP address of the destination. However, it also needs to discover the MAC address of the destination. ARP is the protocol that is used to discover the MAC address of a host that belongs to the same network.
What is the purpose of having a converged network?
- to provide high speed connectivity to all end devices
- to make sure that all types of data packets will be treated equally
- to achieve fault tolerance and high availability of data network infrastructure devices
- to reduce the cost of deploying and maintaining the communication infrastructure
Explanation:With the development of technology, companies can now consolidate disparate networks onto one platform called a converged network. In a converged network, voice, video, and data travel over the same network, thus eliminating the need to create and maintain separate networks. This also reduces the costs associated with providing and maintaining the communication network infrastructure.
Refer to the exhibit. Match the packets with their destination IP address to the exiting interfaces on the router. (Not all targets are used.)
Explanation:Packets with a destination of 172.17.6.15 are forwarded through Fa0/0. Packets with a destination of 172.17.10.5 are forwarded through Fa1/1. Packets with a destination of 172.17.12.10 are forwarded through Fa1/0. Packets with a destination of 172.17.14.8 are forwarded through Fa0/1. Because network 172.17.8.0 has no entry in the routing table, it will take the gateway of last resort, which means that packets with a destination of 172.17.8.20 are forwarded through Serial0/0/0. Because a gateway of last resort exists, no packets will be dropped.